Link Manager allows you to manage your site's links to other websites
and resources. Visitors can add resources to the database and the
resources are not visible until they have been check by an
administrator. Link Manager can also report on how many times a
link has been clicked.
To see the public face of Link Manager click
Download Link Manager Beta 1
The default username is "root" and password
- Users can add their links and resources
- Links and resources aren't visible until the have been validated
by an administrator.
- Links are sorted by category.
- There can be un unlimited number of administrators per
category each with separate usernames and passwords
- If an administrator is defined as a category administrator they
can add/edit and delete categories from the system.
- If an administrator is defined as a user administrator they can
add/edit and delete users from the system.
- Basic templates so you can specify the header and footer to be
used for each category. (new)
To use link manager on your site:
- Download Link Manager
- Unzip it into a directory that is accessible from the web
- For security you should properly move the database to a directory
were some one can't just download it. If you do this you will
need to modify the path to the database in the files
E.g. change the line:
You can edit templates for categories from within Link Manager.
To edit the header and footer used when no category is selected or when
*Note I have had a lot of support
request because links aren't showing up to be validated. This is usually because you haven't
made your self an administrator for the category the link was added to.